Monday, February 15, 2010

Thirst

So this is my first actual review on a book. Unfortunately, it is not going to be one I recommend.
I tried to keep an open mind...I really did! I do have to say, it takes a whole lot to get me to not finish a book. I did finish this one. However, I was pretty close to putting it down a couple times.
Thirst is actually composed of three books. They are about a five thousand year old vampire named Sita who thinks very highly of herself. She made a promise that she was not to make any more vampires. Throughout the book she breaks that promise repeatedly while trying to escape various dangers from other vampires. She falls in love a couple times. Blah, blah, blah.
Sometimes it felt like Christopher Pike was running out of ideas and started pulling them out of his behind. We're talking nuclear bombs, DNA, etc. (Insert rolling eyes here). Also, you can tell when a man is writing a book from a female's prespective. For being five thousand years old, Sita falls in love rather quickly...and for no apparent reason. She was suddenly in love and I, for the life of me, couldn't figure out why!
The book was unpredictable and not in a good way. I did, however, enjoy some parts when Sita would recall her past. I am the type of reader that gets attached to characters...even when the stories aren't that great. I didn't feel attached to Sita and I will be ok to just find out what happens in the second book. No need to read...just tell me if she dies.  So "Thirst" gets two "GLAMMIES"....which translates to "I would read it if there was absolutely nothing else to read"

No comments:

Post a Comment